To ensure good air quality in your home, you must perform routine maintenance on your HVAC system. Here are a few handy tips to keep your HVAC Fairfax VA in top working condition.
- Watch the air vents: Check for mold, dust, or other debris.
- Sniff for bad odor: If your air smells musty, there is probably mold in your system.
- Inspect fans, bearings, and bolts: Cleaning the blades can be a tedious task, but it’s important to keeping your air free from dust and other harmful pollutants.
- Look around the intake: Check for water pools and mold. Mold near the intake means there are already spores in your system and you’ve been breathing it.
- Fix leaks in the cabinet and supply ducts: Search for air leaks and repair by replacing gaskets or screws. This is important because high pressure can be forced through a small crack. That would lead to disaster.
- Clean the dampers: If your dampers are working improperly, your air quality goes down and your energy bill goes up. Keeping them free of debris will increase their efficiency.
- Clean air ducts: Professionals say your air ducts should be cleaned at least every two years. If you find dirt, just clean it up.
Of course every machine will break at some point in time. Instead of heading to YouTube and trying to fix it yourself, a better idea is to call in the trained professionals. They do these repairs every day, so they will know the best process for your HVAC.
Doing these easy preventative measures will reduce the likelihood of your HVAC system going down. It will increase efficiency, and reduce your energy bill. As a responsible homeowner, it is your obligation to ensure the quality of air inside your property.